At Our Lady and St Brendan's Primary School, all children have the right to be safeguarded from harm or exploitation. We do everything we can to protect our children from incidents concerning ;
- race, religion, first language or ethnicity
- gender or sexuality
- health and disability
- political or immigration status
The pupils in our school are aware of a number of staff who they can trust and talk to and are available to them at any time. Their first point of contact is their class teacher.
We are committed to working with parents positively, openly and honestly. We respect parents’ rights to privacy and confidentiality and will not share sensitive information unless we have permission or it is necessary to do so in order to protect a child.
Our Lady and St Brendan's Primary School will share with parents any concerns we may have about their child, unless to do so may place a child at risk of harm.
If on discovery or suspicion of child abuse the Child Protection Procedures are as follows;
The Designated Safeguarding lead for Child Protection, would take following steps:
- A Child Protection Referral to Children’s Initial Contact Point would be made without delay
- Where the Designated Safeguarding Lead is not sure whether it is a child protection issue they may seek advice from the Children’s Safeguarding and Reviewing Unit Consultation Service.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead may also seek advice from the Education Social Work Service.
Our Lady and St Brendan's Primary School has three trained Designated Safeguarding Leads:
- Mrs C. Utting
- Mrs M. Cairns
- Mrs B. Gadd
Please click here for copies of our policies:
Child Protection Policy