Parents are the main providers of the love, care and stimulation that promote the well being of children. We want each parent to have the necessary confidence, skills, self-belief and strength to be a good parent and an effective role model for their children.
Parenting is about:
- helping your child to do well at school
- developing their communication and social skills
- dealing with bullying
- helping your child form good relationships with others
- developing your child’s self esteem
- dealing with puberty and teenage years
See the links below for some tips on parenting, communication and setting limits for teens.
The Parenting and Family Outreach Team may be able to visit you in your home and offer face-to-face support over a period of time to support you with any issues that you might have.
If you would like to improve your parenting skills and build on the skills you have already we have some information about Parenting Courses that might be helpful.